SAVE THE DATE!! Dîner en Blanc Tokyo will be on October 3rd
Japan's first Dîner en Blanc coming to Tokyo!!
From global phenomenon to highly sought-after “secret”, Dîner en Blanc will take over one of Tokyo’s sites on October 3rd 2015 for the first ever refined pop-up epicurean event in Japan.
Over 100,000 foodies and cultural enthusiasts around the world have already embraced this unique event. As stated very eloquently by the New York Times: “There are picnics and there are Picnics”. This très chic picnic is equal parts mystery tour, pop-up feast and je ne sais quoi! Launched in Paris more than 25 years ago by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Dîner en Blanc Paris now attracts nearly 15,000 people each year. What began as a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international epicurean sensation in 60 cities in more than 20 countries. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful locations.
To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- To participate in this first edition: guests must be invited via the hosts’ network or participating partners or get on waiting list via the official website: tokyo.dinerenblanc.info
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by all-white Dîner en Blanc staff.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two (white) chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- Champagne or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
To keep up to date on event announcements, follow us on:
Facebook: Diner en Blanc - Tokyo
Twitter: Diner en Blanc - Tokyo
For photos or videos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, please visit the official website dinerenblanc.info.
For media requests, interviews or high resolution images:
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: